Saturday, February 19, 2011

Leg Inspiration

As I mentioned before I am working hard on toning my legs. I get inspired when I spot someone in great shape especially if it is something I can aspire to. One person with incredible legs is Eva Longoria. At a mere 5 foot 2 her legs are FANTASTIC. They are toned but feminine.

 side note: I am in love with this Georges Hobeika designed dress she wore to the MTV Europe music awards



Here is the information I found on Eva's leg workout. I look forward to trying it out this upcoming week.

  • Begin with lunges. Start with foward lunges then move to back lunges, side lunges, and finish with transverse lunges
  • Next up the intensity by coordinating various muscle groups into single exercises. Do a set of squats, moving into a jump and following through with a lunge forward and then do the same but lunge backwards. By doing sets like this is keeps your heart rate up allowing you to burn fat and tone at the same time.
  • Keep it versatile. Try to do each workout different so that you don't get bored. Make sure you get cardio into your workout as well. Cardio can be running, hiking, power walking, elliptical, stair stepper, etc.
  • Stay hydrated and drink lots of water
  • Stay away from fatty foods (of course)
 All of this seems simple enough, and close to what I have already been doing. I will begin integrating this into my routine 2-3 times a week and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment