Friday, April 13, 2012

Staying Active



I just returned home from a business trip and although my diet may have taken a serious hit (as my co-worker stated “we ate our way through Savannah”) I still remained active and got my workouts in. I am proud to say I remained sore throughout my trip to Georgia, and yes some of this soreness came from my accident prone nature. Not only did I end up with sore arms, shoulders and back I had the following mishaps as well; pinched finger resulting in blood blister from the assault of my carry on bag, earring backing lodged in my ear thanks to my headphones, toe-nail half lifted and detached from skin due to a folding chair mishap, rogue mosquitos in our hotel room feasting on me, and a fat lip due to the multiple times I bit it while consuming my less than nutritious food (a sign?).

Luckily the hotel we stayed at for the conference had an amazing fitness facility (the best I have seen in a hotel). I took full advantage of it, despite my personal injuries.


Fitness Center @ Hyatt Regency Hotel, Savannah GA.

It definitely took some motivation to get my workouts in though since we already had to wake up so early for the conference. I wasn’t sure how I was going to fit in my workouts and I knew I wasn’t waking up at 5am to do it before the day started. Once we were finished working for the day my co-workers and I had plans of walking around and exploring the town, so what did that leave me with? I had an hour of free time right before our event lunches so I high tailed it down to the gym and had to superset my exercises so that I could fit them all in. Now that’s what I call dedication, but was it dedication to the fun I planned to have after work, or to fitness? I guess I’d say, both

Here are some tips for getting your workouts in while you are away from home.

1. Visit your hotel Gym or Fitness Center

2. Take a Run/Bike Ride/ or Walk through the town or city you are visiting

3. Visiting a beach? Swim some laps while you soak up the sun

4. Use Workout Videos saved on your Computer

5. Create your own workout!

There is really no excuse why you can’t be active away from home. Even if it’s just for a short period of time, you will NEVER regret working out but you may regret not doing it. If you need to, plan ahead of time so that you are prepared, and this can go for your diet too. Although I did slip up quite a bit I don’t feel horrible about it because just like everyone else I’m not perfect. The key is to find what works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment